Friday, July 17, 2009

Riddle Me This...

So.. I've been kinda half-assed talking to a Boy for a couple months now, and we finally hung out last week after him repeatedly asking to. Mainly, I thought he was someone else than he was and I didn't want to hang out with the person I thought he was, but when I realized who he actually is, I was more apt to it. I hope that makes sense...

Anyway, I went to his apartment and we watched a couple movies. Ok, so maybe we kissed. I had a really good time with him though, much more than I had originally expected. We were drinking a little (a few beers), and when I went to use the restroom, I noticed a girl's lipsticked kiss on the mirror. A little red flag went up, but I thought maybe he forgot it was there. I wasn't going to say something, but it was bothering me so I jokingly asked if he often dresses up in girl's garb complete with lipstick and kisses the mirror. He looked confused at first, laughed, and was said it was only for special occasions. When the subject came up again, he finally said "It was my mom.." I nodded in understanding, but my mind was reeling with thoughts of trying to figure out whose mom would kiss their son's mirror. I know my mom wouldn't.. I feel that's a little personal for moms to do, but maybe that's just my family.. At one point, he was going to show me a picture online, and when he pulled out his laptop, he did that "I'm trying to be stealth because there might be something I don't want you to see on my laptop" thing where you turn it away from the other person.. Only he was sitting next to a mirror so his attempt was in vain. I didn't want to be too nosey, but couldn't help but sneak a peek. His background picture was a girl and he... And I'm pretty sure she was licking him? I dunno.. random.

At the end of the night, he asked when he would see me again to which I replied I wasn't sure. I left with my mind reeling. I felt like there was a girlfriend in the picture, but I didn't want to be crazy and just jump to conclusions. Still, there's this nagging little voice in my head.

The next day, I texted him to ask him a question and he didn't text me back at all.

2 days after we hung out, he texted me back and apologized, saying he had been really busy with school. I said I understood, but couldn't help but think that sending a text message takes a matter of seconds.

He texted me like 4 or 5 times that day asking what I was doing, and then we decided he would help me move my bed from my house into where I'm storing all my things for the summer. As I was leaving to meet him however, it started down pouring so we decided moving my bed would have to wait for another day. He still wanted to hang out, so I told him he could come over to my apartment, as I was definitely not going to drive in the storm.

Once the storm was over, he came over, 12 pack in hand. He picked out a movie to watch, and we settled in to watch it. He laid in my lap during most of it, and once it was over, we laid and talked for a little while on my couch. He recieved a text message while we were laying there, and he did the turn your phone away from the person so they don't see what's on my phone thing again like he had with the computer. I don't generally care what's going on on someone else's phone, so that effort made me feel a little weird.. Like this boy that doesn't really have any reason to be hiding anything is hiding something.

I had made plans to go to wine night with a few friends of mine, so I told him I needed to get dressed for it. He said it was his friend's last night in town and they were probably going to wine night as well.

By the time he arrived to wine night, I had already left. Once we headed to the 3rd bar of the night, we headed straight towards the bar. While I was waiting for my drink, I got a tap on the shoulder. I turned around and it was him. I said hi and hugged him. I was a little drunk by this time, and have had thoughts of a possible girlfriend, so I was a little distant at first. He kept trying to get me to make out with him, but I told him I'm not a fan of PDA. I gave him a few kisses here and there, but they were fast because I really hate kissing in public if I can help it (aka: if I'm not blackout, it's not happening).

We were all leaving to go to another bar, and he said he was going home as he had class the next day. I knew it wasn't until 6 at night, so I told him to just come for a little bit. He agreed, but didn't stay for more than 5 minutes.

The next morning, I woke up and realized I had lost my phone somewhere in Knoxville by the end of the night (thanks a lot alcohol). By the time I got a charger for my extra phone (thank god I kept my old phone), I texted him. I said..

"Hey dunno if you texted me at all.. def lost my phone somehow last night hahaha.. you def should've stayed.. we sang i'm on a boat and it was possibly better than the original version"

No text back.

I woke up this morning to him saying "sorry, I was asleep."

I sent it at 9 pm.

So, I don't know if I'm being paranoid, but I've never had the feeling that a guy had a girlfriend. I'm not saying I want to be in a relationship, or even that it has to be completely exclusive, but I don't want to be the other girl and I don't want to have another girl looming in the back of my head, or her lipstick on his mirror.

So what do y'all think? Am I being crazy, or does it seem justified?

5 comments:

Herding Cats said...

Oh, I've been in this situation. Look, if you like him (sounds like you do) maybe you should just ask him? If he's honest, he'll tell you, and then if he's not...well, as least you asked!

Ben said...

Yeah, I don't think you sound crazy and I'm also down with the just asking him thing.

If you don't get a straight forward answer then I would say something is up.

Jack said...

Relationship advice would never be my strong point, but looking at things scientifically might be. Your gut says something is going on. They say to go with your gut feeling (else lose all sense of trust in yourself), so I'd say either walk away or probe. The latter is always more fun, the former maintains your dignity. Guess which one I always choose?

Anonymous said...

i've ignored red flags before, and they got me in shark-infested waters.

life's too short. go with your gut.

it's not worth it to add excess drama in your life. trust.

good luck, keep us posted. :)

Hello Vodka, It's Me...Kassy said...

Dude, no one fucking mom leaves lipstick kisses on their son's mirror. not unless she is Peg Bundy, and even then...

That was such a bold faced lie! Seriously! And what boy would let his mom's lipsticked kisses stay on his mirror! Exactly: no boy.

bah. I don't know what you should do, if you ask him he might freak out and think you are crazy - course he is crazy if he flips out so maybe just do it.