Thursday, July 30, 2009

3 am Texts are the Devil

So. First, I would like to thank everyone who responded to my last post.. I LOVE y'alls comments on a regular basis, and this one definitely helped.

That being said, I (naturally) didn't see them until I hung out with him next, which was the day we moved my bed. Once we were finished moving it, we headed to a bar because I said I would buy him a beer for helping me. I ended up getting a pitcher because it's cheaper to buy a cheaper to buy a pitcher than it is 2 pint glasses (how that makes sense I have no idea). Afterwards, he suggested going to get the beer at his apartment and drink that. I couldn't think of a reason why I couldn't since I had already said I didn't have plans for the day, so I went over.

As soon as we got there, he headed to the bathroom and I went to sit on the couch. He opened two beers and brought them over and we started watching some movie. After a few of them, he came over and put his head on my lap and sort of cuddled with my legs. I was a little stand-offish, as the question of a girlfriend was still whirling through my head, but I wasn't going to get up and be awkward across the room.

After awhile, I had to use the restroom. Once I got in there, there wasn't any toilet paper, so I decided to look under the cabinet to get some more. I opened the first and it was full of cleaning supplies. I opened the second and the first thing I saw was a girl's bikini. The second thing I saw was a tubberware drawer full of girl things. And by girl things, I mean Mydol, tampons and the types of things you only leave at a boy's house if you've been dating for a very long time, or that boy is in actuality a girl.

I quickly grabbed the toilet paper and sat back trying to figure out how to explain this other than he was a hermaphrodite or practically married.

Before I could get too far in my thinking, I noticed that through his clear shower curtain was an entire white shower except for an area that was completely black. I dropped my mental thought processes into the secret life of Boy and turned my thoughts to the prayer that his shower couldn't possibly be that dirty. I mean, a whole black area is just a little out of control.

Naturally, I HAD to look. Turns out, it was not quite dirt as much as a girl's bra and entire outfit.

Awesome.

I knew I couldn't go out and demand an answer, as 1. I haven't known him for very long and 2. I would look like a crazy person who was going through his things. And while, yes, I was, it stemmed from the need for something necessary and then the idea that he was just insanely dirty. Either way, ew.

I sat there for as long as I thought not completely strange while texting people furiously to try to find a way out. Just when he asked if I was going to stay the night, I told him I might have to go pick up my friend, so I wasn't sure yet.

As soon as I received my next text message, I said I definitely had to go get her, as her car was broken down way out west. He told me I should come back afterwards and stay with him. I said maybe, but ran out of the apartment as fast as my feet would carry me.

I didn't hear from him for almost a week until he texted me last Friday night to see if I was going out. I told him I wasn't, but ended up going out anyway. I think he saw me walking down the street though because he texted me, said I looked beautiful and asked where I was going. I ignored his text, but apparently around 3 am I decided texting him back was a great idea. (Which, I'm gonna go ahead and say any text to anyone at 3 am is usually the opposite of a great idea..)

"So I hear you have a girlfriend. That's awesomeeeee"

Smooth. Needless to say, I haven't heard anything from him. And to be honest, I'm more than ok with it.

As for everything else, I'm spending the week in Florida visiting my mom and then once I get back to Knoxville, I'm moving into my first apartment alone! I have never lived alone, and I have definitely never decorated anything but my own bedroom. I am excitedddddd!

Thanks again for all y'alls comments! :)

1 comment:

Ben said...

For a 3am text, that really isn't that bad.

Seems to have had the desired effect at any rate.